Integrated management and IT consulting for OEM and suppliers
Particularly, for companies of the automotive sector it is considered to recognize social and technological mega trends rapidly and respond accordingly. Changes result, for example, from alternative drive concepts such as electro mobility and diesel-hybrid. Furthermore, producers face changing and differentiated buyers.
Holistic consulting with end-to-end process evaluation
J&M Management Consulting is one of the leading management and IT consulting companies for the automotive industry. Our consultants possess a well-established industry expertise, profound method know-how and a proven IT competency. We achieve the best results with holistic and stringent approaches for our clients. We apply lean principles for our end-to-end processes.
Our consulting focus for companies of the automotive industry is:
- Holistic and aligned with strategy of harmonisation and standardisation of processes, organisation, data and IT
- Business Process Management, Business Process Optimisation
- Automotive Supply Chain Design
- Automotive Supply Chain Monitoring
- IT Application Development Planning
- Business-oriented ERP implementation
The result: Rapid and sustainable improvement for our clients
Our clients – these include car manufacturers (OEMs), suppliers, aftermarket and logistic providers – which achieved significant improvement with support from J&M through:
- Increase of productivity, process efficiency and contract loyalty throughout the entire assembly by Lean Supply Chain Management
- Reduction of non-value adding activities and subsequent alignment of the value stream and customer benefit
- Improved supplier integration and supplier evaluation
- Establishment of an efficient organisation along the supply chain – with the involvement of sales, inventory & operations planning – worldwide inventory reductions, improved supplier loyalty, reduced extraordinary transport costs and the increase of the overall productivity
- Reduction of planning efforts by more than 25 %
- Significant improvement of data quality within planning
- Considerable decline of turnaround times
- Decrease of finished partial goods by 30 %, massive improvement of First-Pass-Yield
- Ensuring of product quality and traceability by use of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Optimisation of IT system landscapes (processes, systems, organisations) with clear determination and consistent measurement of value contribution
- Significant savings in the area of IT operations, interfaces and further development
‘Due to very successful LEAN projects with emphasis on the areas of leveling/Heijunka planning and LEAN SCM, J&M in cooperation with the IFL has proven itself as an excellent consultancy partner for Audi. During the past two years, my team together with J&M was able to implement significant advancements with the aid of commonly developed concepts for all processes.'
Peter Stechel, Press Works Manager Neckarsulm
‘This jointly developed solution will enable us to recognise tool bottlenecks earlier. Linking up to the operative data in this manner serves in securing the quality of statements that is required. J&M has proven itself as a professional and reliable partner during the project and played a decisive role in ensuring the success of the solution.'
Christian Ley, CIO
Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG
‘The changeover wasn't easy for the moulds area, but by working with our partner J&M, and applying our expertise in IT, processes and change management, we have come up with a solution that meets our everyday needs and which is popular with its users.'
Dr.-Ing. Dirk Petermann, Head of the Supply Chain & Logistics Competence Centre