Finance & Reporting
Integrated Consulting for Financial Departments
Despite these new challenges and tasks, efficiency increase needs to be accomplished within their own financial department. For this purpose, it is necessary to reduce effort for transactional tasks in favour of any handling activities. This is ensured by consistent data definitions, harmonized processes within finance and accounting as well as respective consolidated and supporting IT-systems across the group.
Consultancy from strategic redirection right through implementation in IT systems
Flexibility and agility are decisive factors for success. The same can be said of the ability to deal with increasing complexity in an efficient and reliable manner. J&M Management Consulting supports financial departments in the development of these skills by providing them with integrated management and IT consulting.
The main points of focus are as follows:
- Financial excellence: integrated value flows; optimisation of period-end/year-end processes in order to reduce required time effort; optimisation of coordination phases; automation of data flows into the consolidation system.
- Financial supply chain management: optimisation of financial performance in collection & dispute management, cash & liquidity management and credit management.
- Governance, risk and compliance: design, implementation and optimisation of standards (HGB, IFRS/IAS, US-GAAP); credit risk management; safeguarding of the fulfilment of compliance requirements (SOX, FDA, GMP); data security and protection against white-collar crime; automatic consideration of import/export restrictions (checks against sanction lists, etc.)
- SAP ERP Lifecycle Management: strategic orientation of the ERP landscape throughout the corporate system (improvements in flexibility which facilitate carve outs and acquisitions); development of ERP templates; planning and implementation of international roll-outs; TCO-optimised planning for maintenance and release cycles.
The result: reliable, efficient, flexible management of complex financial processes
Our well-founded financial know-how, proven end-to-end business process competence and IT expertise (with SAP a speciality) put us in a position to provide input which enables our clients to take significant steps forward:
- Accounting processes as an integral part of corporate value creation.
- Development and integration of a shared service centre for finance & controlling.
- Standardisation of internal and external reporting with simultaneous, parallel invoicing.
- Cost-optimised, fast consolidation solutions.
- Achievement of fast closes at a minimum of administrative effort using live accounting and controlling integration based on SAP NewGL.
- Introduction of integrated corporate planning, i.e. the creation of a link between financial planning (turnover, net profit, liquidity) and logistic quantitative planning based on SAP solutions.
Clyde Pereira, CIO of CCHBC
Josef Trettenbach, Head of Consolidated Accounting