Value-oriented consulting from IT strategy to service operation
The management quite often lags behind the technological progress. This is mainly attributable to uncoordinated strategies, procedures and processes along the requirements of the departments and IT as respective service provider. A consistent IT management forms the basis of an effective and efficient use of IT in every company, starting from an aligned IT strategy to continuously optimize IT operations.
From the formulation of IT strategies and concepts to their implementation
As a long-term consulting partner of leading manufacturing companies, we transfer our industry knowledge as well as our competencies of methods and tools to our consulting approach within IT management with the following core topics:
- IT strategy: Strategic actual analysis, strategy development including the development of alternatives, e.g. sourcing strategy, application strategy, strategy evaluation, strategy formulation and strategy implementation
- IT governance: Draft and implementation of governance concepts, risk management, data security, KPI based IT controlling and monitoring
- IT controlling: Actual analysis of the IT cost structure, charging, KPI based controlling functions
- Enterprise Architecture Management: Draft of enterprise architecture on the basis of strategic requirements of the management, requirements of the business and the respective IT strategy. Development of a roadmap to close the gap between target and actual architecture. Execution of IT planning and system landscape optimization, analysis and optimization of integration architecture. Support to the concept and implementation of enterprise architecture governance.
- IT Service Management: Development of a framework for a customer-oriented and ITIL based (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) IT service management, definition and realization of optimized IT processes on the basis of performance SCANs, Lean IT Management, consulting of outsourcing-decisions, projects, merger processes, design of change processes, creation of ITSM performance catalogues, internal charging model
- Program and Project Portfolio Management: Implementation of a value-oriented project portfolio steering, development of rules and procedures for placing project priorities
Sustainably strengthen added-value and decrease costs
We understand IT as an "organisation within an organisation" with a clear service provider understanding and a transparent service offering. This enables specific measuring and sustainable improvement of your value contribution.
Together with our clients we were able to achieve the following results:
- Significant reduction of external IT service costs
- Increased effectiveness and flexibility by adaptation of IT organisation
- Heightened transparency and orientation for future company developments through IT strategy
- Increased cost transparency and steering of IT cost structure
- Customer oriented IT processes
- Improved allocation of resources within IT service
- Sustainable and continuous improvement of IT usage
Our approach within IT management aims at effective and determined results and accompanies our clients in organisational and structural changes.
Thomas Wienand, Head of IT