Strategic Direction Setting
Developing and pursuing the optimal business strategy
Changing business environments can necessitate the fundamental reorientation of business operations, the introduction of new transaction models in order to increase performance or "simply" the continued re-design of existing approaches. This applies not only to corporate activities, but also to any new business identified or integrated.
The following question is therefore of integral importance: on the basis of the implementation of efficient – and at the same time differentiated – processes, which markets and clients are to be provided with which products and services via which distribution channels and from which locations? Corporate strategy is inseparably linked to typical supply chain strategy issues.
Optimum orientation of all corporate strategy factors
J&M Business Strategy Consulting Services offer companies the chance to benefit from the expertise we have gained over many years of providing strategic consulting to industrial companies. The integrated approach we use to overcome the challenges mentioned above deals with five different aspects of corporate orientation: strategic orientation, performance management, IT & enabling technologies, processes & organisation and management of change. Long-term corporate success can be achieved through the optimisation of the interplay between these aspects. J&M consulting focuses on the following issues:
- Strategic reorientation: fundamental corporate orientation and setup; product marketing strategies; determination of relevant success criteria for improvements in corporate performance.
- Short-term business optimisation: identification, initiation and implementation of fast-acting courses of action within the strategic context.
- Restructuring and post merger integration: Further development of existing business models; redesign/optimisation of business processes in combination with acquisitions and/or disinvestment.
- Profitability and complexity management: systematic development of operational corporate profitability drivers; business risk assessment; improved complexity management and complexity reduction.
- Optimisation of corporate business management: establishment of a set of appropriate early warning indicators; timely identification of market changes; improvement in the quality of operational decisions.
The result: an organisation set up for success
Working in partnership with our clients, past projects have seen J&M consultants achieve significant improvements. The following list presents a selection of the tangible results achieved:
- Identification of attractive existing and new business segments, appropriate positioning
- Reductions in unit and combined costs achieved by identifying cost drivers and eliminating cost factors
- Increased product quality and an 85 % reduction in waste
- Increased IT infrastructure performance
- Drawing up of future-proof logistics strategies.
Heinrich Becker, Head of European Logistics Management
Ulrich Dickow, Head of Logistics
Stefan Schmid, Head of Logistics Planning (TLE)
MTU Aero Engines GmbH